• Highly regarded baseball man has spent the past 29 years in the Giants organization, with 27 seasons in coaching ranks and the last 19 campaigns on the Major League staff.
• Is one of only five individuals since 1900 to serve as a Giants coach for at least 10 years, joining Larry Jansen (12 years, 1954 and 1961-71), Bob Lillis (11 years, 1986-96), current pitching coach Dave Righetti (17 years, 2000-present) and Wes Westrum (10 years, 1958-63 and 1968-71).
• Invaluable asset has served as the Giants bench coach, while also handling infield defense. • Was manager in SF's farm system for seven years (1991-97).
• Was twice named Manager of the Year, while posting overall 554-412 record (.574) in the minors.
• His teams finished above .500 mark and made the playoffs in six of his seven years as skipper.
• Was a member of the coaching staff that traveled to Taiwan with MLB All-Stars in 2011.
• In 1998, he joined Dusty Baker's staff as a third base coach, his first Major League coaching assignment of his career.
• From 1996-97, served as a manager for the Giants' triple-A affiliate in Phoenix, leading Firebirds to backto-back Pacific Coast League playoff appearances with two Southern Division championships.
• Was named 1997 PCL Manager of Year after piloting Firebirds to the best record in all of triple-A baseball with 88-55 mark, that team finished the season with one of best second half finishes in PCL history, winning 41 of its final 51 games.
• From 1993-95 he led SF's double-A franchise at Shreveport to three straight playoff berths.
• His 1995 club claimed Texas League championship with 88-47 mark, best record in all of minor league baseball.
• Was tabbed California League Manager of Year in 1991 when he guided squad San Jose to playoffs with 92-44 ledger, the best mark in all of professional baseball.
• Married (Laurie, Jan. 17, 1987).
• Graduated from Bacon (Colchester, CT) Academy in 1979.
• Played baseball, soccer and basketball in high school, was All-New England center forward in soccer after scoring then-record 89 career goals…averaged 30.0 points per game as All-State guard in basketball as senior.
• Is avid golfer and runs youth baseball clinics with former Giant Erik Johnson during winter.
• Has been extremely active in community activities during his 16 seasons with Giants, participating in variety of outreach programs.