Coaches & Team Parents
At Bat This Week
- Collect your LEADERSHIP Word of the Week pack.
- Have players demonstrate leadership by leading warm-ups and cheering each other on during games and practices.
Word of the Week Talk
- Begin a conversation on leadership by discussing the following with players:
- Define leadership: the ability to guide or direct people
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- Do you have to be an adult to be a leader?
- Do you know a good leader? Why is he/she a good leader?
- How can you be a leader at school? At home? On the baseball field?
- What are some qualities of an awesome leader? What are some qualities of a negative leader?
- How do leaders affect the people around them?
End of Practice
- Pass out the Leadership Baseball Card to all players and remind them to enter the answer to this week's trivia question on gojrgiants.org!
- Pass out the Leadership Base Band and encourage your players to wear it throughout the week.
Items to Track in SIPLAY This Week:
- Leadership Card
- Reading Rewards Earned
On Deck Next Week:
Preview Strike Out Bullying Week by:
- Encouraging players to wear their Strike Out Bullying sweatbands to remind them of the pledge they took at the beginning of the season.
- Prompting players to go to Week 7 on gojrgiants.org to see Giants players recite the Strike Out Bullying Pledge.
- Reminding players to turn in their Strike Out Bullying Contest entry next week, if they have not already. When they turn it in, they'll receive a drawstring backpack!
Parents & Players
At Bat This Week
Wear your Leadership Base Band.
WHEN WAS A TIME YOU WERE A LEADER FOR OTHERS?
3RD BASE: LEADERSHIP
- Lead by example.
- Think of what is best for the team.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Recognize the efforts of your teammates.
On Deck Next Week
- Do you remember the Strike Out Bullying Pledge you took at the beginning of the season? Continue to honor your pledge and wear your Strike Out Bullying sweatband.
- If you have not done so already, use the entry sheet in the front of this handbook to artistically express the theme: WE DON'T BULLY. WE ARE JUNIOR GIANTS. Make sure to submit your Strike Out Bullying Contest entry to your coach next week.