Giants awed in presence of legends
Franchise greats Mays, Cepeda, Perry visit Spring Training
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Though they're the kings of the Major Leagues, the Giants bowed Friday to members of baseball's immortal royalty.The reigning World Series champions enjoyed a private 45-minute audience with three Hall of Famers who distinguished themselves with San Francisco during their illustrious careers: Willie Mays, Gaylord Perry and Orlando Cepeda. Even as winners of the sport's biggest prize last year, the Giants still had much to absorb from the trio of legends, who commanded respect with their wealth of accomplishments.
2010 Spring Training - San Francisco Giants
News & Features
- Giants unveil 37-game Spring Training slate
- Rookies Sanchez, Otero on roster for opener
- Giants close out spring slate with loss to A's
- Stewart dealt to Yanks for Minor League hurler
- Cain sharp in last exhibition start
Sights & Sounds
Spring Training Info
Chris Haft is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.